So I don’t know about everyone else, but I find it much more difficult to stay on track with my eating during the weekends than during the week. Having that structure and routine of the week days allows me to plan what I’m going to eat and keeps me busy enough that I’m not eating extra things I don’t need. Well, in order to help me stay on track when I have no routine I have a few tricks I’d like to share with you:)
1. First thing I do when I wake up is find the biggest cup I own, fill it with water and drink as much as I can. The rest I keep to drink throughout the day, and that is my official water cup. You can use a water bottle or whatever, just something that is already filled and ready to drink!
2. Eat a big breakfast. During the week I tend to eat a smaller breakfast so that a couple hours later during my only lunch break I’m ready to eat again, otherwise I’ll skip my lunch and am starving by dinner. Well during the weekends we usually have a family Sunday brunch gathering, so I eat a much larger breakfast which keeps me full most of the day, leaving me to focus on more productive things than making meals.
3. With that large breakfast I’m usually not crazy hungry for lunch, but if I need something I’ll snack on some meat and cheese or cut up veggies, something small- so that keeps me on the straight path. I generally like to go on a bike ride or a jog after lunch as well, so keeping it small enables me to do that without feeling bloated and gross.
4. For dinner I try and opt for a protein smoothie for a couple of reasons. One, I don’t have a big mess to clean up, and two, I’m not over eating right before bed, but I still get all the nutrients and calories my body needs.
5. Remember, don’t go crazy just because it’s the weekend, allow yourself a treat but keep it minimal. You can negate a whole weeks worth of healthy eating by blowing it during the weekend- plus you’ll feel like crap for the start of the week and Monday’s are hard enough without that;)
Just a few simple things to remember.